Feed the hunger. But where?

London is a fantastic place for a foodie to live. You fancy Italian? We have plenty. You want street food? It's everywhere.

Trouble is, that is the trouble. There is so much and it's hard to make a decision on a hungry stomach. So here are a couple of things I do when picking out somewhere to eat.

1. Keep a food bible
Have you ever read TimeOut and thought, I DEFINITELY need to go to that restaurant and then two weeks later you find yourself with a free evening with no dinner reservations and can't think of anywhere to go? Annoying.

So here's what I do, I collect clippings from TimeOut, Olive Magazine, The Times etc., and keep them all in a file to reference later. This includes recipes too, it's like my go to guide for all things food.
Seems like a lot of effort? Then just create a Pintrest board.

2. My favourite app
Dojo - great for finding out what's nearby: street food, markets or restaurants, they show it all. They do a regular email newsletter but I can't say I find it that useful and a little bit try hard, but the app itself is great.

3. Pop-up kitchens
These are increasingly becoming more and more popular. Many set themselves up in your favourite boozer, so although you can't count on the food being good (although I've yet to have a bad experience), you can at least rely on the venue being OK, especially if it's your regular haunt. They usually stick around for a month or so, such as the one in Market House, Brixton. Here I've sampled Nanban of Tim Anderson fame (who opened his own restaurant on Coldharbour lane this week and yes I was straight in there and visited only last night) and Baba G's Bhangra Burgers - now taking residence in Pop Brixton.

Alternatively - just check out this list by me here.

Yelly-fi-felly-food-belly x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dining in HK

Our first taste of Myanmar

5 Vietnamese food must haves